Rounds, M. Michael (Marion Michael), 1954-
- Existence: 1954-
Found in 28 Collections and/or Records:
This series contains briefing books prepared by Governor’s Office staff for the newly elected governors in 1994 and 2010; transcripts of proceedings of gaming compact discussions between the state of South Dakota and tribal representatives in 2005; records of the Wage Study Task Force and the Health Care Cost Workgroup from 1999; and Governor’s Office staff position descriptions from 1987-2002.
This series contains digital photographs taken by Dan Brosz (Museum Curator of Collections) during the Vietnam War Memorial Rededication ceremony in Pierre on September 24, 2016. U.S. Senator Mike Rounds spoke at the event. Also includes a video clip of a helicopter hovering over Capitol Lake.
This series contains annotated floor plans and drawings related to the inauguration of Governor Rounds held on January 7, 2003. Includes information on how the capitol building was set up for events; the location of staff, security, and media; and seating charts for attendees.
This series contains oaths of office and financial statements for former Governors M. Michael Rounds and William Janklow, Secretary of State Joyce Hazeltine, and Lieutenant Governor Carole Hillard. These records were filed with the Secretary of State’s office, scanned, and the originals transferred to the State Archives.
Contains organizational charts for the Governor’s Office, the Governor’s Office of Economic Development, and the Office of Tourism from 1983 to 2003. Charts usually list the names and titles of staff members in the office hierarchy, although some only list the position title.
Also included is a Governor’s Office FTE report for FY 1991 and FY 1992, a list of Governor’s Office employees from 1995 to circa 2002, and the FY 2005 Budget Briefing for the Governor’s Office.
Contains records created by the South Dakota Office of Tourism, particularly audiovisual materials used in various advertising campaigns. Please note: many of the promotional photos and slides taken by Tourism staff circa 1970-1985 were stored in sleeves that destroyed the images. These photos were discarded by Tourism staff in the 1980s.
This series contains 75,791 digital photographs taken by the State Photographer (Chad Coppess) and other Tourism staff members at various South Dakota events and locations from 2001 to 2010.
- Archival Object 19
- Digital Record 6
- Unprocessed Material 3
- Photograph Collection -- Government 11
- Governors -- South Dakota -- Inauguration 7
- Pheasant Hunting -- South Dakota -- Governor's Hunt 6
- Vietnam Memorial (Pierre, S.D.) 6
- Digital Media Collections -- Government 5
- Custer State Park (S.D.) -- Governor's Buffalo Roundup 4
- Governors -- South Dakota 4
- Korean War Memorial (Pierre, S.D.) 4
- South Dakota State Capitol (Pierre, S.D.) 4
- Arts -- Awards -- South Dakota 3
- DVD -- Video Disc 3
- Governor's Mansion (Pierre, S.D.) 3
- Governors -- South Dakota -- Inaugural Ball 3
- Governors' Proclamations -- M. Michael Rounds 3
- Mount Rushmore National Memorial (S.D.) 3
- Aberdeen (S.D.) 2
- Agriculture -- South Dakota 2
- Badlands National Park (S.D.) 2
- Black Hills -- South Dakota. 2
- Brookings (S.D.) 2 + ∧ less