Janklow, William J. (William John), 1939-2012
- Existence: 1939 - 2012
Found in 34 Collections and/or Records:
This collection contains miscellaneous correspondence for the years 1982-2002, monthly reports for the years 1998-2000 and general information on the subject of Jobs for America’s Graduates.
This series contains files created by and for the Office of the Governor, ranging from 1973 to 1987, particularly when Governor Richard Kneip and Governor William Janklow were in office, regarding appointments, resignations, members, minutes, press releases and occasionally acts of State Boards and Commissions. Some files also contain a form that describes the activities of the board, term limits, and its authorization and membership qualifications.
This collection consists of newspaper clippings that were collected by the Office of the Attorney General pertaining to topics of interest. The clippings are arranged in alphabetical order by subject and thereunder in chronological order by date.
This series contains oaths of office and financial statements for former Governors M. Michael Rounds and William Janklow, Secretary of State Joyce Hazeltine, and Lieutenant Governor Carole Hillard. These records were filed with the Secretary of State’s office, scanned, and the originals transferred to the State Archives.
Contains organizational charts for the Governor’s Office, the Governor’s Office of Economic Development, and the Office of Tourism from 1983 to 2003. Charts usually list the names and titles of staff members in the office hierarchy, although some only list the position title.
Also included is a Governor’s Office FTE report for FY 1991 and FY 1992, a list of Governor’s Office employees from 1995 to circa 2002, and the FY 2005 Budget Briefing for the Governor’s Office.
This record group contains records created and maintained by the South Dakota Department of Tourism and State Development and includes meeting minutes; monthly reports; archaeological site forms; promotional materials; research files; and various audio-visual materials including film, slides, photographs, posters, videocassette tapes, and DVDs.
This series consists of 17 digital images taken by Dan Brosz, Curator of Collections for the State Historical Society’s Museum. The images document the memorial service for former Governor William J. Janklow which was held on January 17th, 2012.
- Archival Object 22
- Unprocessed Material 8
- Digital Record 3
- Collection 1
- Letters (Correspondence) 11
- Photograph Collection -- Government 11
- News Clippings 5
- Photograph Collection -- Manuscript 5
- DVD -- Content Disc 4
- Governors -- South Dakota -- Inauguration 4
- Pheasant Hunting -- South Dakota -- Governor's Hunt 4
- Photograph Collection -- Government -- Negatives 4
- DVD -- Video Disc 3
- Governors -- South Dakota -- Memorial Services 3
- Political Campaigns -- South Dakota 3
- South Dakota State Capitol (Pierre, S.D.) 3
- VHS Tapes 3
- World War II Memorial (Pierre, S.D.) 3
- Custer State Park (S.D.) -- Governor's Buffalo Roundup 2
- Digital Media Collections -- Government 2
- Education and State 2
- Executive Orders -- South Dakota 2
- Fighting Stallions Memorial (Pierre, S.D.) 2
- Financial Statements 2 ∧ less