Cultural Heritage Center Construction/Dedication
The collection consists of three VHS tapes and two DVDs of the construction and dedication of the Cultural Heritage Center in Pierre taken by J. Shanard Burke. The Cultural Heritage Center is the headquarters for the South Dakota State Historical Society in Pierre, SD. Construction of the building ran from the summer of 1987 to the summer of 1989. The dedication ceremony was held on November 3, 1989. The film offers footage of the Cultural Heritage Center through various stages of construction. Footage includes the groundbreaking ceremony, early construction, a walkthrough of the building before shelving and exhibits were installed, and the grand opening. Speeches and interviews with Governor George S. Mickelson and State Historical Society employees are included. DVD one runs from May 1987 to May 1989 and runs 2:02:24. DVD two is of the dedication of the Cultural Heritage Center on November 3, 1989 and runs thirty four minutes. The VHS tapes were converted to DVD by Stevens Video Services of Pierre.
0.1 Cubic Feet
- Cultural Heritage Center (Pierre, S.D.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- DVD -- Video Disc Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Digital Media Collections -- Manuscript Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- South Dakota State Historical Society Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- VHS Tapes Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings