Black Hills and Badlands Association Collection
The collection consists of a number of brochures, maps, and promotional materials mainly from the Black Hills/Badlands tourism region of western South Dakota, dated to 1961. The year 1961 was also the celebration of the Dakota Territory Centennial. Titles for the collection of brochures includes: Visitor Accommodations and Directory, Camp Sites and Trailer Parking in the Black Hills and Badlands, The 1880 Train, Black Hills Round Up Rodeo (Belle Fourche, S.D.), History of the Badlands, South Dakota's Black Hills and Badlands, Black Hills Passion Play, Rapid City’s Four Big Attractions, Map of South Dakota’s Black Hills and Badlands, Kadoka (S.D.) map, Black Hills and Badlands Summer Events 1961, and a 1961 South Dakota Highway Map. What makes the collection particularly distinctive is that the brochures and maps are from 1961 and were part of a promotional package sent by the Black Hills and Badlands Association.
0.1 Cubic Feet
- Badlands -- South Dakota.
- Black Hills -- South Dakota.
- Black Hills Passion Play
- Black Hills Roundup Rodeo (Belle Fourche, S.D.)
- Business Advertisements -- South Dakota
- Camping and Camp Sites -- South Dakota
- Dakota Territory Centennial, 1961
- Hotels & Motels -- South Dakota
- Kadoka (S.D.)
- Map Collections
- Rapid City (S.D.)
- The 1880 Train (Hill City, S.D.)
- Tourism -- South Dakota