Daniel Eudaily Collection
The collection consists of four postcards and seven original photographs. Donated by Daniel Eudaily. Most of the materials relate to Wind Cave and the McDonald family.
- Cross, W. R.--Photo Studio (Hot Springs, S.D.) (Organization)
0.1 Cubic Feet
3719C Folder 1: Albumen print, 7 x 10, matted print with the following caption: “737 Horse Shoe Bend and Knife Blade rock. Black Hills & Ft. Pierre R.R. between Piedmont and Lead City, S.D.” n.d., photographer is not identified. Folder 2: Albumen Print, 7 x 10, matted print of Hot Springs, SD. Railroad tracks, depot, and town buildings in the background. On the back of the photograph, a stamp reads “Hot Springs, S.D. Views, W.R. Cross”. n.d. Folder 3: Albumen Print, 8 x 10, matted print of hotel and buildings associated with the entrance of Wind Cave. On the back in blue pen is written “Wind Cave So Dakota ? Grandmother Mary Darlengton in white”. In pencil is written “ID by daughter, Josephine Darlengton (Eudaily)”. Stamped with black ink is “L.W. Marblo, Hill City, S, D,” n.d. Folder 4: Albumen Print, 8 x 5, matted print of the first building entrances associated with Wind Cave. On the back written in pencil is “Wind Cave housing at Wind Cave, S.D.” and “Mr. Fred Darlington” The photographer is not identified and there is n.d. Folder 5: Three separate photographs. The first is a stereoview with the following caption “25 Morning at Sylvan Lake S D”. The second is a 4 x 6 portrait of a woman, on the back written in pencil is “Probably Irene Long 1937 – Christmas Lee Boos photo ‘Worlds of love from Irene’”. The third photograph is 8 x 6 portrait of a woman. Written on the back with pencil is “Mary S. McDonald” and with pen is “Daughter of Jesse D. McDonald and sister of Elmer L., Alvale F., Evan T. & Roy S. McDonald. (Also Harry J., First woman guide at the cave. Helped explore, too. Return to Mrs. Irene E. Long. Box 25, Midland, South Dakota.” 8535C Watertown, SD – Bird’s Eye View Watertown, SD – The Grand Central Hotel Watertown, SD – The Kampeska Black Hills, SD – Mile Bend to Gain 700 Ft. Spearfish Canon
- Hot Springs (S.D.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- McDonald, Jesse D.
- McDonald, Mary S.
- Photograph Collection -- Manuscript Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Postcards Subject Source: Local sources
- Spearfish Canyon -- South Dakota Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Sylvan Lake -- South Dakota Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- The Grand Central Hotel (Watertown, S.D.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- The Kampeska (Watertown, S.D.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Watertown (S.D.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Wind Cave National Park -- South Dakota Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings