Skip to main content

Black Hills Country Club and Palmer Gulch Lodge (Hills City, S.D.) Collection

 Unprocessed — Multiple Containers
Identifier: H2004-013

Content Description

This collection consists of three volumes detailing the expenses and receipts of the Black Hills Country Club and Palmer Gulch Lodge. Hill City (S.D.) is the nearest town to both the country club and lodge. The site was originally used as a golf course and country club, and after the construction of cabins, became a lodge in the mid 1930s. The Black Hills Country Club was established in 1925 by Troy La Salle Parker, Norman Sallee Parker, Leslie Monroe Parker, Lorenz M. Scudder, Frank Parker Davis, Francis Gardner Fabian, and Bibrell P. Hynes. The donor included a brief history of the Black Hills Country Club as well as information relating to book 1 which are kept in the accession file.

Acquisition Type

Gift

Restrictions Apply

No

Dates

  • 1925-1962

Extent

2 Cubic Feet

Inventory

FB 548 Book 1: Expenses and receipts, 1925-1934 FB 548/FB 549 Book 2: Expenses and receipts, 1939-1958 V6537 Book 3: Expenses, receipts and summaries, 1959-1962