Skip to main content

Canova Congregational Church—History/Booklet/Hymnal

 Unprocessed — Box: 03562 C
Identifier: H2014-006

Content Description

The collection consists of a history, booklet and hymnal from the Canova Congregational Church (Canova, S.D.). The Congregational Church in Canova organized in August 1886 with twenty-five charter members. The congregation built their first church in September of 1889. At the time of its 75th Anniversary in 1961, the membership of the church had grown to 162 members. The church remained open until the mid to late 1990s. The history and booklet were written in 1961 and 1986 for the 75th and 100th Anniversaries of the church. Also donated was a hymnal titled “Triumphant Service Songs” copyrighted to 1934. The title page reads, “An all purpose book prepared to meet the requirements of every department of church work.” The 288-page hymnal includes music and lyrics with an index at the end.

Acquisition Type

Gift

Restrictions Apply

No

Dates

  • 1934
  • 1961
  • 1986

Extent

0.1 Cubic Feet