Skip to main content

Dickens Club of Pierre (S.D.)

 Unprocessed — Box: 03756 B
Identifier: H2009-066

Content Description

The collection consists of materials relating to the Dickens Club of Pierre (S.D.). The collection contains the original charter meeting minutes and members who convened at the home of Royal F. King on December 30, 1890. The club organized to study the writings of Charles Dickens, but would also study the work of other authors. Also included in the collection is a photo of the Oahe Chapel. It appears that the image is of the chapel before it was moved from Peoria Bottom as a result of the construction of Oahe Dam. The collection is an accretion to other Dickens Club materials held at the State Archives including H74-005, H91-064, and H96-040.

Acquisition Type


Restrictions Apply



  • December 30, 1890


0.1 Cubic Feet