Laura Norman Collection
The collection consists of two promotional brochures for Pierre, a South Dakota Resident Game Bird License, and State of South Dakota Resident Migratory Waterfowl Stamp. The first promotional brochure is titled, “Pierre, the Future Great.” Perkins Bros. Co of Sioux City published the brochure in 1896. The brochure contains writing on the future prospects of Pierre. Included are the following images: Pierre in 1880, State Capitol Building (wooden), Hughes County Courthouse, High School Building, Presbyterian College, U.S. Indian Industrial College, Locke Hotel, Wells House, Park Hotel, Steamboat and River at Pierre, Pierre Water Works, and residence of Charles L. Hyde, Mr. Owen, H. E. Cutting, Mr. Dotson, and Mr. Brown. The second brochure titled, “Pierre and its Resources” also highlights the future prospects of Pierre. Included in this brochure are images of: Cattle Scenes, Sheep Scenes, New Capitol Building, Hyde Block, Locket Hotel, Riverview Hotel, and the residence of Pierre citizens including Charles H. Burke, Charles L. Hyde, I. W. Goodner, A. C. Brink, Judge D. Corson, D. W. Robinson, C. H. Anderson, and a schematic drawing of the Chicago & Northwestern Depot. It is estimated that this brochure is dated to 1910 or shortly before as the brochure talks of the “state capitol building now being built.” The South Dakota Resident Game Bird License (No. 102165) is for the 1950-1951 hunting season and cost $1.00. The name on the card is of Leon Halstead of Sioux Falls who was thirteen at the signing of the card. Also included are two State of South Dakota Resident Migratory Waterfowl Stamps which also cost $1.00 and are both dated to 1950.
- ca. 1910s
- Perkins Bros. Co. (Sioux City, IA)--Publisher (Organization)
0.1 Cubic Feet
- Anderson, C. H.
- Brink, Andrew C.
- Burke, Charles H.
- Business Advertisements -- South Dakota Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Cutting, H. E.
- Game Bird License Subject Source: Local sources
- Goodner, I. W.
- Hyde, Charles Leavitt
- License Subject Source: Local sources
- Migratory Waterfowl Stamp Subject Source: Local sources
- Pamphlets/Brochures Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Pierre (S.D.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Robinson, D. W.
- South Dakota Digital Archives--Manuscript Collections Subject Source: Local sources