Burt Dunbar Collection
This collection consists of 30 black and white photographs. The photographs were taken or collected by Burt Dunbar. Burt and his wife, Louise, later lived in Ward, South Dakota. The views include photos of the Rosebud Agency, Pine Ridge School, Potato Creek, the blacksmith shop at Manderson, the Badlands and some unidentified people and scenery. Many of the postmarks are from Manderson, Pine Ridge, LaCreek, or Porcupine. Burt wrote to his sister, Delia and mother, Estelle in Ward, South Dakota.
0.25 Cubic Feet
- Automobiles -- South Dakota
- Badlands -- South Dakota.
- Boarding School Students -- Native Americans -- South Dakota
- Country (Rural) Schools -- South Dakota -- Photographs
- Cowgirls -- South Dakota
- Photograph Collection -- Manuscript
- Pine Ridge Indian Reservation (S.D.)
- Rosebud Indian Reservation (S.D.)
- Ward (S.D.)
- Wolf -- South Dakota