Mount Roosevelt, rededication ceremony program, July 4, 1968
The collection consists of two programs from the rededication ceremony for Mount Roosevelt held on July 4, 1968. Seth Bullock, a friend of Theodore Roosevelt, conceived the idea of a monument to the former President sponsored by the Black Hills Pioneers. The original monument was dedicated on July 4, 1919. Those at the rededication included Homestake Post 31 of the American Legion in Lead, Veterans of Foreign Wars of Deadwood, Boy Scouts of America of Deadwood, the Deadwood Municipal Band, Bishop Conrad Gesner of Sioux Falls, Kenneth C. Kellar as master of ceremonies, David Nordwall regional director of the U.S. Forest Service, Congressman E. Y. Berry, Mrs. Ethel (Roosevelt) Derby and ex-Governor Archie Gubbrud. Vern Kraemer attended the rededication and Ethel (Roosevelt) Derby signed one of the programs.
- July 4, 1968
0.1 Cubic Feet