Civil War Monument--Rededication Photos--Pierre (S.D.), 2015
The collection consists of digital images taken by Keith Hemmelman at the rededication of the Civil War Monument on the State Capitol Grounds in Pierre (S.D.) on June 1, 2015. There are 114 digital photo files in the collection. The original monument dedication took place on June 1, 1920, during the 37th Encampment of the Grand Army of the Republic (G.A.R.) and Women’s Relief Corp (W.R.C.) in Pierre. Those who spoke at the rededication include master of ceremonies, Jay Vogt, director of the South Dakota State Historical Society, South Dakota Governor Dennis Daugaard, South Dakota Secretary of Veterans Affairs Larry Zimmerman, Commander William Dean with the Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War—Department of Nebraska, North and South Dakota and South Dakota Army National Guard Chaplain Michael Griffin. Chorus members at the rededication included Rebecca Cruse, Jennifer Baker, Patrick Baker, Kathy Cruse, Amanda Garrett, Mike Gibson and Larry Lyngstad. Trumpeters were Ann Devany and Jon Becker. The digital images are 1.04 GB, .jpg files taken with a Canon EOS 5D Mark III camera. The images were run through the State Archives digital preservation program as well as being kept on a DVD.
- June 1, 2015
- Hemmelman, Keith H. (Person)
0.1 Cubic Feet (1.04 GB)
- Civil War Monument (Pierre, S.D.) Subject Source: Local sources
- DVD -- Content Disc Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Daugaard, Dennis, 1953-
- Digital Media Collections -- Manuscript Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Grand Army of the Republic. Dept. of South Dakota -- Monuments Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Griffin, Michael, Chaplain
- Photograph Collection -- Manuscript Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War--Department of Nebraska, North and South Dakota
- South Dakota—History—Civil War, 1861-1865—Veterans Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Vogt, Jay D.
- Zimmerman, Larry