SD Photograph Collection
This collection consists of black and white A.P. wire photographs and newspaper clippings. The items were transferred from the Minneapolis Public Library's Special Collections Library.
0.1 Cubic Feet
5 ½ x 5 ¼ photo of Commander E.E. McKenzie, Mrs. Karl Buchholz, and four un-named men. The men are using pigs, poultry and grain to pay their dues to the William Revaes post of the American Legion in Huron, 1933. 7x9 photo of pastors gathered in Madison in September 1930 for the celebration of the 400th Anniversary of the Augsburg Confession. Pastors include Dr. C.S. Eastvold, Rev. T. H. Rossing, Rev. A. Bringle, Rev. K.B. Vaaler and Rev. M. Bjornson. 6 ¼ x 9 photo of Richard Arendsee and son Clarence at University of Minnesota Campus, 1928. The Arendsee family was from Aberdeen. Clarence played football for the University. 3 ½ x 4 ½, 4x5 and 5x8 photos of Clarence Arendsee, 1925 and 1928. 6 ½ x 8 ½ photos of Alfred Arendt, 1935. Arendt played football and basketball for South Dakota State University. 3 ¼ x 4 ½ photo of Sever Arneson, Watertown, SD 1946. President of Indian Retail Lumber Dealers Association. Newspaper article on the geological formation of the Black Hills added to the vertical file. Obituary sketches for Burnace Worth Baer and George Vincent Ayres added to biographical file.
- American Legion -- South Dakota Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ardent, Alfred
- Arendsee, Clarence
- Arneson, Sever
- Bands -- High School Subject Source: Local sources
- Football -- South Dakota Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Lumber Industry -- South Dakota Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Lutheran Church -- South Dakota Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photograph Collection -- Manuscript Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Religion/Spirituality Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings