Alliance Hail Association—Certificate, 1887
The collection consists of one certificate of membership for the Alliance Hail Association of Dakota, dated June 8, 1887. The certificate made “S. J. Zink” a member of the association in Dakota Territory and entitled him to all privileges and benefits. The certificate includes the association’s corporate seal and was signed by the president Alonzo Wardell and secretary S. D. Cooley. The Alliance Hail Association was incorporated on February 10, 1887. The principal place of business was listed as Twin Brooks (D.T.). Both Alonzo Wardell (Twin Brooks) and S.D. Cooley (Milbank) are listed as office holders. Also listed in the articles of incorporation is Henry L. Loucks (Clear Lake). Mr. Loucks was an active farmer, reformer and member of state and national farm labor groups and ran unsuccessfully for governor of South Dakota in 1890 as a member of the Farmer’s Alliance party. Alonzo Wardell was also an active member in the Farmer’s Alliance.
- June 8, 1887
0.1 Cubic Feet
- Certificate Subject Source: Local sources
- Cooley, S.D.
- Dakota Territory Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Farmer's Insurance Subject Source: Local sources
- Farmer-Labor Party (S.D.) -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Hail Insurance -- Dakota Territory Subject Source: Local sources
- Loucks, Henry Langford
- South Dakota -- Grant County Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Wardell, Alonzo