Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC)-- Camp 789, Camp Estes
This collection consists of four issues of "Este Ripples", and a photograph album of a Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) camp 789 at Camp Estes, 1938-1939. The photo album belonged to Ray Martin who was at the camp. "Este Ripples," published in Roubaix (S.D.) was a monthly publication of the Civilian Conservation Corp camp of Company 789 in the Black Hills. Vol. V no. 1, 2, 4, 6; 1940 The newsletter includes list of staff members, news on other CCC camps, project notes, camp activities, educational notes, athletic events, business advertisements, clubs and class schedules. The photos depict men who worked at the camp, camp buildings, camp overviews. All photos are black and white and measure 3 ½ x 2 ½ or 2 ¾ x 4 ½. All of the photos are unidentified.
0.5 Cubic Feet
- Civilian Conservation Corps (U.S) -- Camp 789 (Roubaix, S.D.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Civilian Conservation Corps (U.S.) -- South Dakota -- 1930-1940 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Newsletter/Publications Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Photo Album Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photograph Collection -- Manuscript Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings