Basin League Baseball—Rapid City Chiefs—Yearbooks
The collection consists of four yearbooks for the Rapid City Chiefs baseball team of the Basin League, dating from 1965-1967 and 1973. The Basin League was established in 1953 with teams in Mitchell, Watertown, Winner, Chamberlain, Yankton, Huron, Pierre and Valentine (NE). The circuit was called the Basin League to reflect the number of teams situated along the Missouri River Basin. An amateur league, most players were college stars, although all teams had some journeymen Major League players. The yearbook includes player bios, Basin League Hall of Fame members and Basin League board members. Also included are baseball statistics such as batting records, pitching records and past league standings. While most of the information centers on the Rapid City Chiefs, other city team’s players and statistics are included as well. The yearbooks also include a number of advertisements for local and state businesses in South Dakota.
0.1 Cubic Feet
- Baseball -- South Dakota Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Basin League of Professional Baseball
- Business Advertisements -- South Dakota Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Rapid City Chiefs (Baseball Team) Subject Source: Local sources
- Yearbook Subject Source: Local sources