Skip to main content

Green Grass Extension Club (Dewey County), 1920s-1990s

 Unprocessed — Multiple Containers
Identifier: H2016-084

Content Description

The collection consists of various items relating to the Green Grass Extension Club (Dewey County) dating from the 1920s to 1990s. The first meeting of the Green Grass Club was held May 6, 1928 at the home of Mr. and Mrs. Lawson Brewer. The club formally organized later that summer with the election of officers. Originally named “Green Grass Farm Women’s Club” the name was chosen because all of the members were farm women living near the little stream the Indians named Green Grass. Later the organizational name was changed to “Green Grass Extension Club.” According to its bylaws, the object of the club was “to study home life, books, music, public health, community recreation and other topics which may improve local conditions and create a more friendly and sympathetic relation in the club and community.” The organization was open to any women in the community and met monthly. The group disbanded in May of 1995. The collection includes Secretary books/reports, bylaws, constitution, history, member lists, organizational history, organizational records, photographs, song books and yearbooks.

Acquisition Type

Gift

Restrictions Apply

No

Dates

  • ca. 1920s-1990s

Extent

0.75 Cubic Feet