William Wyatt Collection
The collection consists of materials compiled by William Wyatt who was involved with various organizations. The main organization is the Historic South Dakota Foundation which later changed its name to Preserve South Dakota. The organization emphasized the importance of historic preservation and was a not-for-profit partner, “dedicated to the preservation of structures and sites of importance to South Dakotans.” Mr. Wyatt served as a board member and executive director of the organization. The bulk of the collection involves the work of Preserve South Dakota from 2002 to 2008. Also included are newsletters from the organization and a director’s handbook. The collection also contains various writings by Wyatt as well as other documents for organizations he was involved with or contacted including the Dakota Indian Foundation (Chamberlain, S.D.), Western Health Systems Inc (Rapid City, S.D.) and Rushmore Presidential Institute (Rapid City, S.D.).
- ca. 1980s-2000s
0.75 Cubic Feet
- Agendas Subject Source: Local sources
- Dakota Indian Foundation (Chamberlain, S.D.).
- Email Correspondence (photocopies) Subject Source: Local sources
- Historic Preservation -- South Dakota Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Letters (Correspondence) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Newsletter/Publications Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Organizational History Subject Source: Local sources
- Rushmore Presidential Institute (Rapid City, S.D.)
- Western Health Systems Inc (Rapid City, S.D.)