“Aberdeen Pheasants, 1947 Northern League Baseball Champions”
The collection consists of one comb bound, forty-one-page booklet titled, “Aberdeen Pheasants, 1947 Northern League Champions,” researched and written by Robert Stuckmeyer. Robert’s father, Roland Stuckmeyer, played baseball for eight years in the minor leagues and played with the Aberdeen Pheasants in 1947. Much of Robert’s research originated with newspaper research in the Aberdeen American News. Former major league player Don Heffner coached the 1947 team. The booklet features an account of the 1947 season in which the Pheasants ended the year with 82 wins and 36 losses and were the Northern League Champions. The booklet includes various statistics on the 1947 Aberdeen Pheasant season including batting and pitching stats. Also featured are a number of images including photographs, advertisements and newspaper articles concerning the team. The final pages include a reference section as well as a listing of photograph and newspaper article credits. A digital file, saved as a .pdf, of the booklet was run through the State Archives digital preservation program.
0.1 Cubic Feet
- Aberdeen Pheasants (Baseball Team) Subject Source: Local sources
- Baseball -- South Dakota Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Digital Media Collections -- Manuscript Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Minor League Baseball -- South Dakota Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Northern League of Professional Baseball