Civilian Conservation Corp Camp--1793--Keystone (S.D.)
The collection consists of fifty-nine (59) negatives (in seven negative sheets) of images taken at the CCC (Civilian Conservation Corp) camp number 1793. The camp was originally located near Keystone west of Mt. Rushmore. The company was established on June 12, 1933 at Fort Meade. On April 27, 1936 Company 1793 was transferred to Camp SP-4 (Lodge) were it stayed until July 30, 1942. The negatives seem to show events around this period of time (1936-1942). Included in the negatives are individuals, barracks, vehicles, signage, buildings, and scenic views. None of the negatives are identified. An envelope accompanied the negatives and is addressed to an Irving White with Company 1793.
0.1 Cubic Feet
- Civilian Conservation Corps (U.S.) -- Camp 1793 (Keystone, S.D.) -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Civilian Conservation Corps (U.S.) -- South Dakota -- 1930-1940 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photograph Collection -- Manuscript -- Negatives Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings