Skip to main content

SD Postcard Collection

 Unprocessed Material — Box: 08538 D
Identifier: H2021-055

Content Description

The collection consists of twelve postcards of various South Dakota tourist destinations from various dates ranging from 1900s to the 1960s. The postcards include color linen print and real photo views. Postcards include the Center of South Dakota Monument (Pierre, S.D.) erected in 1923, the South Dakota State Capitol (Pierre, S.D.), Masonic Temple (Pierre, S.D.), Falcon Café (Pierre, S.D.) [1954], Motel Reynick (Rapid City, S.D.), Circle S Motel (Hill City, S.D.) [1966], Motel Francis (Beresford, S.D.), the brontosaurus at Dinosaur Park (Rapid City, S.D.), the sunken garden at McKennan Park (Sioux Falls, S.D.), Sylvan Lake and Syvlan Lake Hotel [1908], a trolley on the Rapid Canyon Line [1909], and “the Wall” at the Badlands National Park (S.D.) [1949]. Photos in the collection were either taken or published by Jobber’s Sales Company (Huron, S.D.) F. J. Freytag, publisher (Pierre, S.D.), Miller Studio—Photo Studio (Pierre, S.D.), Dakota News Agency (Sioux Falls, S.D.), W. B. Perkins – Photographer/Importer/Jobber (Lead, S.D.), Canedy’s Camera Shop—Photo Studio (Sioux Falls, S.D.).

Acquisition Type

Gift

Restrictions Apply

No