Skip to main content

C. F. Manship Collection

 Unprocessed — Multiple Containers
Identifier: H2011-081

Content Description

The collection consists of one map, a Warranty Deed, two letters, and a receipt concerting property owned by C. F. Manship in Pierre (S.D.) ca. 1900. The map, dated 1900, shows the additions, lots, and blocks in Pierre and was published by Charles L. Hyde, a real estate broker in Pierre. The Warranty Deed, dated May 8, 1900, transferred land from George and Emma Wilson to C. F. Manship at a cost of seventy five dollars. The land was described as the twenty second and twenty third lots in block thirty three in Ash’s Second Addition. Two letters form Charles Hyde, dated March 12, 1901 and October 29, 1909 are concerning Manship’s property in Pierre. The letters are addressed to Manship in Van Wert (OH). An envelope includes a printed image of the Riverside Hotel in Pierre. Also included is a Hughes County Treasurer’s receipt for the lots described above, date March of 1925. The reverse of the receipt shows various levies in Hughes County for 1924.

Acquisition Type

Gift

Restrictions Apply

No

Dates

  • ca. 1900s
  • 1925

Creator

Extent

0.1 Cubic Feet