Colfax School District #23 - History Scrapbooks, ca 1935-1940
Scope and Contents
This series consists of the following scrapbooks: “History of the YCL,” “Wildlife of South Dakota,” “History of South Dakota,” and “Tourist’s Paradise.” Scrapbooks were prepared by Colfax School elementary students and their teachers and contain newspaper clippings, magazine clippings, pamphlets, tourist brochures, poetry written by the students, postcards and photographs.
Colfax School No. 23 was located in Section 30, Township 95 North, Range 52 West (Riverside Township). The school was organized in 1898 and closed in 1947.
- ca 1935-1940
0.5 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
From the Record Group: English
- Grade/Elementary Schools -- South Dakota Subject Source: Local sources
- News Clippings Subject Source: Local sources
- Scrapbook Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Tourism -- United States -- 1930-1940 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Wildlife -- South Dakota Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Young Citizen's League--South Dakota