Secretary Correspondence (RESTRICTED), 1983 - 1991
Scope and Contents
This series consists of correspondence files created and maintained by the Office of the Secretary of the Department of Corrections from 1983 to 1991. Files contain information about the State Training School, Youth Forestry Camp in Rapid City, and the Redfield Work Therapy Program. Records include correspondence, requests for release of youth, population reports, policies and procedures, budget information, meeting minutes and reports. Several files in this series related to juvenile facilities and proposed changes in law regarding juvenile detention costs.
- 1983 - 1991
These files contain names of residents or inmates, incidents, personally identifiable health information, and information about juvenile offenders which are all restricted from public access. Archives staff must review files for restricted information before they can be viewed by the public. Researchers must request permission from the Department of Corrections to view any restricted records.
0.5 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
From the Record Group: English
- Juvenile Corrections -- South Dakota Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Letters (Correspondence) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Minutes Subject Source: Local sources
- South Dakota State Training School (Plankinton, S.D.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Youth Forestry Camp (Rapid City, S.D.) Subject Source: Local sources