Skip to main content

Civilian Conservation Corps, 1936 - 1942

 Fonds

Scope and Contents

From the Record Group: This record group includes all records created by the federal government which can be accessed at the South Dakota State Archives.

Dates

  • 1936 - 1942

Administrative History

The Civilian Conservation Corps was a public work relief program established as part of the New Deal in 1937. It provided employment and vocational training for unemployed youths and, to a lesser extent, for war veterans and Indians, through conservation and natural resources development work, and beginning in May 1940, defense work on military reservations and forest protection. It was abolished by the Labor-Federal Security Appropriation Act (56 Stat. 569) on July 2, 1942.

Extent

1.3 Cubic Feet

Language of Materials

From the Record Group: English

Repository Details

Part of the South Dakota State Archives Repository

Contact:
900 Governors Dr
Pierre South Dakota 57501 USA
605-773-3804
605-773-6041 (Fax)