School District Clerk's Records, 1883 - 1961, bulk: 1889 - 1946
Series — Box: 03847
Identifier: ACC 90-030:
Scope and Contents
This series contains the following records: certificates of attendance at school board and teachers’ meetings, 1909-1961; records of school districts deposits of funds with Beadle County’s Treasurer, 1889-1934; school building insurance policies, 1893-1910; records of meetings of parents, teachers, and school district voters, 1889-1946; records related to planning and constructing school buildings, 1883-1928; annual reports of the school district clerks and treasurers, 1883-1935; textbook inventories, 1913-1944; records of tuition payments, 1907-1946; and information on Young Citizens League activities in the school district (undated).
- 1883 - 1961
- Majority of material found within 1889 - 1946
0.5 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
From the Record Group: English
Records are arranged alphabetically by subject. Within each subject, most files are arranged chronologically by the year the record was received or filed in the clerk’s office.
- Annual Reports Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- School Boards -- Records and Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- School Buildings -- Design and Construction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- School Districts -- South Dakota Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Young Citizen's League--South Dakota