County Social Security Office Records and Correspondence, 1922 - 1947
Identifier: ACC 76-002:
Scope and Contents
This series contains records originating from the Jones County Social Security Office during the years 1922-1947 and includes federal program records and reports, Social Security correspondence, Social Security surplus commodities distribution program records, WPA reports and correspondence, and general publications concerning social work.
- 1922 - 1947
This series contains records and correspondence concerning social welfare programs and is therefore restricted in its entirety. Consult with an archivist for access to specific content within this record series.
3 Cubic Feet (3 boxes)
Language of Materials
From the Record Group: English
Arranged in five subseries: 1. Federal Program Records and Correspondence, 1939-1947; 2. Social Security Correspondence, 1939-1945; 3. Social Security Surplus Commodities Program Records, 1939-1943; 4. WPA Reports and Correspondence, 1938-1943; and 5. Social Work Publications, 1921, 1940-1941. Within each subseries, records are arranged alphabetically by file type and thereunder chronologically.
- County Government -- Records and Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Public Welfare -- South Dakota Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- South Dakota -- Jones County Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Social Security Administration
- Works Progress Administration -- South Dakota Subject Source: Local sources