Closed Discrimination Complaint Case Files, 1973 - 1979
Identifier: ACC 87-013, Series 1:
Scope and Contents
Consists of correspondence, staff investigation notes, complaint forms, complaint action logs, legal documents, and other records documenting investigations of discrimination complaints filed with the Division of Human Rights between 1973 and 1979.
- 1973 - 1979
Access to discrimination case files is limited to complainants, private entities who were investigated, officers of the court, and Division of Human Rights staff pursuant to SDCL 20-13-32.2 and 1-27-31.
4.5 Cubic Feet (5 boxes)
Language of Materials
From the Record Group: English
Arranged numerically by case file number assigned by Division of Human Rights staff (roughly corresponds to the year and date the complaint was originally filed).
The following classification codes were assigned to case files by division staff based on the nature of the alleged discrimination: ED (Education), EM (Employment), HA (Housing Accommodations), PA (Public Accommodations), PR (Property Rights), PS (Public Services), and RT (Retaliation). Multiple classifications could be assigned to a single case file.
- Case Files Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Complaints (Administrative Procedure) -- South Dakota Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Discrimination -- South Dakota Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Legal Documents Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Letters (Correspondence) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings