Annual and Monthly Accident Reports and Subject Files, 1958 - 1979
Identifier: ACC 82-079:
Scope and Contents
Contains annual and monthly accident reports and subject files maintained by the Public Utilities Commission pertaining to railroad operations in South Dakota between 1958 and 1979. Railroad companies were required to file monthly accident/incident reports in compliance with Federal Railroad Administration regulations (49 C.F.R. 225) and the Federal Railroad Safety Act of 1970 (49 U.S.C. 20109). These reports document incidents involving occupational illnesses of employees, damage to railroad equipment and structures, and injuries to persons resulting from the operation of the railroad. Subject files contain information related to railroad crossings, property valuations and abandonment, the Interstate Commerce Commission, and federal regulations.
- 1958 - 1979
1.5 Cubic Feet (2 boxes)
Language of Materials
From the Record Group: English
Files are unarranged.
- Accident Reports Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Letters (Correspondence) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Railroad Accidents -- South Dakota Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Railroad Crossings -- South Dakota Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Railroads -- South Dakota -- Abandonment Subject Source: Local sources
- United States. Federal Railroad Administration
- United States. Interstate Commerce Commission