Miscellaneous School Records, 1880 - 1933
Identifier: ACC 2013-042, Series 1:
Scope and Contents
Contains miscellaneous school records created and/or maintained by the McCook County Superintendent of Schools between 1899 and 1944. Records include correspondence, circular letters, committee reports, textbook adoption records, spelling contest words and contestant lists, county fair premium lists, petitions, election notices and certificates, and student grades and exam scores.
- 1880 - 1933
Folder 16 in Box 1 contains student grades and/or exam scores and other personally identifying information that are restricted from public access per SDCL 1-27-1.5 and the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). Individual students or their descendants, with valid identification, may view and copy their records as long as classmates’ personally identifying information is not included or viewed. All records may be opened to researchers with the written permission of the Department of Education.
0.8 Cubic Feet (1 box)
Language of Materials
From the Record Group: English
Files are unarranged.
- Circular Letters Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- County Fairs -- South Dakota Subject Source: Local sources
- Elections -- South Dakota Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Letters (Correspondence) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Minutes Subject Source: Local sources
- Superintendent of Schools -- Certificate of Election Subject Source: Local sources