Correspondence Files, 1981 - 1987
Scope and Contents
This series contains correspondence and related files created for and collected by the Office of the Secretary in the Department of Education and Cultural Affairs from 1981 to 1987. The correspondence includes inter-departmental memorandum and letters, out-of-state correspondence, Department of Education and Cultural Affairs drafts of Governor Mickelson’s and Governor Janklow’s letters to constituents regarding educational and cultural affairs matters and correspondence related to the Sunset Committee. The series also consists of reports, copies of statutes and rules, minutes, organizational charts, and hearings.
- 1981 - 1987
Public access to legal opinions and attorney correspondence is restricted pursuant to SDCL 1-27-1.5(4), 1-27-1.7, and 19-13-2 through 19-13-5. One folder contains attorney correspondence. Public access to personnel information is restricted pursuant to SDCL 1-27-1.5(7) Twenty-five monthly report files contain personnel report files.
3 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
From the Fonds: English
The series is generally arranged in alphabetical order.
- Education and State Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Janklow, William J. (William John), 1939-2012
- Mickelson, George S. (George Speaker), 1941-1993
- South Dakota -- Legislature -- Constituent Letters (Correspondence) Subject Source: Local sources
- State Government -- Records and Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Statutes and Codes Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings