Higher Education General Information Survey Files, 1981 - 1983
Scope and Contents
Consists of files maintained by the Office of the Secretary of the Department of Education and Cultural Affairs pertaining to the Higher Education General Information Survey (HEGIS) conducted by the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) between 1981 and 1983. The survey was designed to provide comprehensive information on various aspects of postsecondary education in the United States and its territories (American Samoa, Guam, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, and the Marshall Islands) and Department of Defense schools outside the United States. The survey collected institution-level data on such topics as institutional characteristics, enrollment, degrees conferred, salaries, employees, financial statistics, and libraries. HEGIS surveys were sent to approximately 3,400 accredited institutions of higher education, both public and private, two-year and four-year institutions. Records include completed survey forms and related correspondence between the state HEGIS coordinator, the NCES, and college and university officials.
- 1981 - 1983
0.75 Cubic Feet (1 box)
Language of Materials
From the Fonds: English
Arranged chronologically and thereunder alphabetically by institution name.
- Education -- Statistics -- United States -- South Dakota Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Education, Higher -- South Dakota Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Educational Surveys -- South Dakota Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Letters (Correspondence) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- National Center for Education Statistics