Accreditation Files, 1971 - 1977
Identifier: ACC 84-057:
Scope and Contents
Consists of files pertaining to the accreditation of secondary and post-secondary vocational education programs in South Dakota between 1971 and 1977. In 1965, the South Dakota Legislature granted local school districts the right to petition the State Board of Vocational Education, the accrediting agency for vocational education in South Dakota, to be classified as an area vocational education school with the purpose of training students to enter the vocational workforce. Records in this series document this accreditation process and include meeting minutes; memoranda; correspondence between state education officials and national accrediting agencies; committee reports; program self-evaluation criteria; joint agreements between local school districts for the establishment and operation of multi-district vocational education centers; program proposals submitted by local school districts and higher education institutions; and program recommendations prepared by the Department of Education and Cultural Affairs Division of Vocational and Technical Education.
- 1971 - 1977
0.75 Cubic Feet (2 boxes)
Language of Materials
From the Record Group: English
Arranged alphabetically by file name.
- Agreements Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Letters (Correspondence) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Memorandums Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Minutes Subject Source: Local sources
- Proposals Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- South Dakota. State Board for Vocational Education
- Vocational Education -- Accreditation -- South Dakota Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings