Platte-Winner Bridge Lawsuit Files, 1961 - 1970
Identifier: ACC 84-030:
Scope and Contents
Consists of files maintained by the Department of Highways Legal Division between 1969 and 1970 concerning a lawsuit filed by Peter Kiewit Sons Co., Massman Construction Co., and Johnson, Drake & Piper, Inc. against the State Highway Commission, the Department of Highways, and the State of South Dakota for damages incurred in the performance of a construction contract. Completed in 1966, the Platte-Winner Bridge (SDDOT structure no. 12085080) is located in Charles Mix County and serves as the Missouri River crossing for South Dakota Highway 44 between Platte and Winner. Records include memoranda and correspondence, transcripts of pretrial and trial proceedings (with index), preliminary construction project studies, briefing materials, stipulations, memorandum decision, judgment, and other circuit court records. Also included is an audio recording of a State Highway Commission meeting held January 6, 1969.
- 1961 - 1970
1.6 Cubic Feet (3 boxes)
Language of Materials
From the Record Group: English
Arranged chronologically and thereunder alphabetically by record type.
Audio recording: 1/4 inch reel-to-reel audio tape on 7 inch reel
- Actions and Defenses -- South Dakota Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Audio Tapes -- reel to reel Subject Source: Local sources
- Bridges -- Design and Construction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Civil Court Records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Johnson, Drake and Piper, Inc.
- Letters (Correspondence) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Massman Construction Co.
- Memorandums Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Peter Kiewit Sons’ Co.
- Platte (S.D.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- South Dakota Highway 44 Subject Source: Local sources
- South Dakota. State Highway Commission
- Transcripts Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Winner (S.D.) Subject Source: Local sources