Sioux Falls Transportation Planning Process Files, 1970 - 1981
Identifier: ACC 82-188:
Scope and Contents
Contains files pertaining to Sioux Falls area transportation studies conducted by the South Dakota Department of Transportation, the City of Sioux Falls, the Community Planning Division of the Sioux Empire United Way, and other organizations between 1970 and 1981. The purpose of the studies was to identify the transportation needs of residents of Sioux Falls and to make recommendations which would facilitate and guide the development and implementation of a comprehensive system of transportation to meet those needs. During the course of the studies, the following groups were identified as having unmet transportation needs: the mentally and physically handicapped, low-income able-bodied adults, youth, and the elderly. Specific transportation needs of these groups included transportation to and from employment, education and training opportunities, recreational and socialization opportunities, and to and from locations in order to access goods and services. Records within the files include commission/committee meeting minutes and agendas, memoranda, cost estimates, annual reports, resolutions, traffic and financial studies, and summaries of community goals and objectives.
- 1970 - 1981
1 Cubic Feet (2 boxes)
Language of Materials
From the Record Group: English
Files are unarranged.
- Agendas Subject Source: Local sources
- Feasibility Studies Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Memorandums Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Minutes Subject Source: Local sources
- Sioux Empire United Way
- Sioux Falls (S.D.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Urban Transportation -- South Dakota -- Planning Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings