Certificates of Nomination and Letters of Withdrawal for Political Offices, 1889 - 1964
Identifier: ACC 82-144:
Scope and Contents
This series contains certificates of nomination and letters of withdrawal for political offices filed with the Office of the Secretary of State between 1889 and 1964. The certificates were submitted by political parties nominating individuals for various political offices including President, Vice President, Congressional seats, and state government positions, while the withdrawal letters were submitted by individuals not wishing to accept the nomination. Each document is stamped with a file number, dated, and signed by the Secretary of State.
- 1889 - 1964
0.5 Cubic Feet (1 box)
Language of Materials
From the Record Group: English
Arranged alphabetically by record type and thereunder chronologically by filing date.
- Certificate Subject Source: Local sources
- Letters (Correspondence) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Political Candidates -- South Dakota Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Political Parties -- South Dakota Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- South Dakota -- Politics and Government -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings