Commerce, Department of
Scope and Contents
This record group contains records created and/or maintained by the South Dakota Department of Commerce and includes subject files and management consultant registration records for the years 1975-1980. Some of the records were created by the Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs and subsequently maintained by the Department of Commerce.
- 1975 - 1980
In 1979, the Deparment of Commerce and Consumer Affairs was renamed the Department of Commerce (Session Laws of 1979, Chapter 351, Section 26); in 1982 the name was changed to the Department of Tourism and Commerce; in 1985 it was renamed the Department of Commerce and Regulation, which it remained until 2003 when the deparment was abolished and its functions and programs were divided between the newly recreated Department of Public Safety, the Department of Revenue and Regulation, the Department of Health, the Department of Labor, the Department of Human Services, and the Department of Agriculture (Session Laws of 2003, Chapter 272, Sections 19-20, 121; Executive Reorganization Order No. 2003-01).
0.75 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
- Guide to the Records of the South Dakota Department of Commerce
- In Process
- Brandon Pieczko, Processing Archivist
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Preparation of this finding aid was made possible by a grant from the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).